Experience of applying for a US tourist visa in 2022
Summer 2022 has arrived, this is considered the most ideal time of the year to travel with friends and family. Then let’s learn about the experience of applying for a US tourist visa in 2022 so that you can easily have a trip here to experience it!
- Conditions for applying for a US tourist visa
- US tourist visa application form
- Steps to apply for a US tourist visa
- US tourist visa fee
- How long will it take to apply for a visa to the US?
Conditions for applying for a US tourist visa
- The US is one of the countries with strict regulations on entry and exit, so to apply for a US Visa easily, the traveler needs to prove:
- Have a job and a high income.
- Passport has traveled to many different countries in the world, especially if you have traveled to developed countries such as Europe, Australia, Japan, Korea,… It will be more convenient in considering a tourist visa.
- Owning personal property in the country where you live (house, land, savings book,…)
- Having a binding family: parents, wife, husband, children in the country where you live.
- There is no petition to immigrate to the US.
US tourist visa application form
Applying for a US tourist visa is often quite a lot and complicated, however, you need to pay special attention to important documents including:
- Nonimmigrant visa application form (DS-160). Please fill out the visa application form online and print it out, then put it in the file to submit to the consulate.
Original passport is valid for at least 6 months from the date of intended departure to the United States. If you have an old passport that has been abroad many times, you should also submit your old passport.
- Photo card with white background; Copy of birth certificate; notarization of household registration book, identity card/citizen identity card; certificate of marital status (certificate of singleness/marriage registration/court divorce decision,…)
- Documents proving financial eligibility to come to the US. Proof of work, relationship with relatives. Documents related to the journey to the US such as round-trip air tickets to the US, confirmation of hotel reservation in the US, scheduled for the period of stay in the US, etc.
- Non-refundable payment receipt for nonimmigrant visa application processing fee.
Steps to apply for a US tourist visa
Step 1: Prepare all documents to apply for a US tourist visa
You prepare all the documents mentioned above.
Step 2: Fill out the US visa application form DS-160 on the electronic portal
The information in the DS-160 visa application form needs to be filled out correctly.
Step 3: Pay the US visa processing fee at the post office
- Create an account on https://www.ustraveldocs.com/
- Please save the username and password of this account so that you can continue to log in when you later want to apply for another visa or renew your US visa.
- Re-fill all the necessary information to proceed with the payment according to the payment method that you can make. You will then receive a confirmation of your payment information.
- Print out and hold this paper along with the Confirmation Page to go to the fee payment location closest to you.
- Go to the post office authorized by the Embassy to carry out payment procedures.
Received a payment receipt and follow-up instructions from the post office
Step 4: Schedule a visa appointment
– If when making visas for other countries, you only need to prepare documents and bring them directly to the Embassy, but for US tourist visas, the first thing you need to do after paying the visa application fee. Again, make an appointment with the Embassy by visiting https://www.ustraveldocs.com/
You prepare the following documents to make an appointment for a US tourist visa:
- Your passport is still valid.
- Personal email account so you can receive notifications from consular officers.
- The Ds code of the DS-160 application form or the completed form DS-160 confirmation sheet.
- Visa fee payment receipt from the Post Office where you paid.
– Note about the time to book an appointment for a US visa online:
- If you pay your fee before 5 pm, you can start booking your appointment at 11 pm the next business day. If you pay your fee after 5 pm, you can start booking your appointment at 11 am on the 2nd business day after the due date.
- You are only allowed to change your appointment twice as you wish (excluding the first appointment). After the second change of appointment, if you continue to cancel or not show up for the interview, you will have to wait 90 days before you can book a new appointment. You should plan your visa application properly to avoid problems in making an appointment.
Step 5: Submit an application and interview for a US tourist visa
US tourist visa fee
According to regulations, the US tourist visa has to pay a fee of $160. Please note that this fee will not be refunded if you are not granted a US tourist visa.
How long will it take to apply for a visa to the US?
To determine how long it takes to apply for a visa to the US, we need to consider 3 time periods as follows:
- Interview preparation stage: This is the stage you prepare yourself and fast or slow depends on the speed of completing your profile.
- The stage of filling out the DS-160 electronic form, booking an appointment online, and interviewing: This time also depends on the appointment you book. You should keep in mind that during high season, the gap from the date of online booking to the date of appointment is 1 month.
- The stage from the interview: if you are called up for an interview and the interview is successful, you will keep your passport and only need to wait for about 2-3 days to have a visa in hand.
Please note that the more thoughtful and detailed you prepare documents, the shorter the visa application time. Otherwise, it will take them longer to review your application.
Above are the experiences of applying for a US tourist visa in 2022. Hopefully, this article will help you to get a US tourist visa easier to experience summer travel in this beautiful country.