The experience of applying for a Japanese tourist visa that you should know
Known as the tourist paradise of Asia, the land of cherry blossoms is attracted by its beautiful natural landscape and unique culture preserved over thousands of years. Japan is really one of the places worth visiting in 2022.
Immediately refer to the experience of applying for a Japanese tourist visa in the article below to have a trip to this beautiful country.
Types of Japanese tourist visa
If divided by the number of entries, there are two types of Japanese tourist visa: single-entry visa and multiple-entry visa.
– Single visa: This is a short-term visa that allows the holder to enter Japan only once and stay up to 15 days. When your visa expires, you must return to your home country or go to a third country.
– Multiple visa: Also known as multiple entry visa, Japan tourist visa multiple allows applicants to visit Japan multiple times during the validity of the visa. Each time you enter, you can stay in Japan for 15 or 30 days.
Conditions to be able to apply for a Japanese tourist visa
To apply for a self-sufficient Japanese tourist visa, you need to meet the following conditions:
- Within the past 3 years, you have had more than 01 short-term stay in Japan. During your stay in Japan, you need to be financially secure and not break Japanese laws;
- Within the past 3 years, you have had more than 01 short-term stay in Japan, during your stay in Japan, you have no problems with entry, stay or breaking the law and many times went to G7 countries (except for Japan) for the purpose of short-term stay;
- The applicant needs to have strong financial capacity to pay for a self-sufficient trip to Japan.
Procedure to apply for a Japanese tourist visa
Prepare documents to apply for Japanese tourist visa:
Proof of identity documents:
- Visa application form to Japan self-sufficient tourist according to the form of the Japanese Consular Office;
- 2 photo cards with size 4.5×4.5cm on white background, taken within 3 months, with clear face required;
- A copy with the original passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of visa issuance;
- Certificate of marital status certified by the local authority;
- Notarized copy of household registration, curriculum vitae, identity card/identity card, photocopies of both sides.
Proof of work:
- If you are an employee working at an enterprise: You need a bank statement for the last 3 months, a salary slip for 3 consecutive months, a labor contract and a letter of leave to travel to Japan with signature and seal of the enterprise.
- Subjects are business owners: Must have a business registration certificate and salary payment report in the last 3 months.
- If you are a student, a student: Photocopy of your student or student card with your leave application or academic confirmation signed and certified by the Principal.
- In other cases, the documents required by the Japanese diplomatic mission will be prepared.
- Minimum savings book statement of at least 5,000 USD (must send at least 3 months), salary slip of the last 3 months.
- Attach real estate documents, stocks, real estate, cars (if any),…
We can see that those with strong finances will have a lot more advantages when applying for a Japanese visa. The financial proof is to confirm to the Embassy that you can afford to pay for the entire trip.
According to regulations, applicants must have a savings account statement with a minimum deposit of 5,000 USD and must send it at least 3 months along with salary slips of the last 3 months. However, if you don’t have that amount, you can prove it with assets of equivalent value such as real estate, real estate, cars (if any),…
In addition, if the subject is a housewife, or a student under the age of 20, you can prove the finances of a relative such as a spouse, parent, along with a confirmation of financial authorization and household registration book personal birth certificate,… to verify the relationship.
Paper trip schedule:
Trip schedules aren’t just bullet points. That means when presenting a Japan travel plan, the applicant should be as detailed and clear as possible. In addition to the destination you intend to visit, please specify the time, even who will meet, for what purpose,… Making a specific travel schedule will prove to the Embassy that you are completely serious. with the trip and will return when the scheduled time is up.
Regarding round-trip air tickets and hotel reservations, the Japanese diplomatic mission does not encourage you to pay for air tickets in advance or book a hotel room at the time of visa application. Because the visa processing time may be longer than the regulations and not up to the intended flight time or you may not be granted a visa. The Consulate General of Japan is not responsible for ticket issuance or ticket cancellation fees in the case of ticket issuance but not being granted a visa or visa processing time is longer than prescribed.
Interview experience for Japanese tourist visa
In fact, not all Japanese visa applications require an interview. However, in some sensitive cases or your profile is not clear, the Embassy will ask the applicant to come for an interview to clarify information. If this is the case, you will have to conduct the interview in Japanese or English.
Some experiences to help you pass the interview easily:
- First, you need to pay attention to the spirit, communication, behavior and dress when interviewing. To be confident, the applicant should dress modestly, politely to create sympathy and show respect for your interviewer.
- Regarding interview questions, usually the content of the question is not too complicated. Mainly revolve around the issues in your application such as financial ability, purpose of trip, specific job, previous travel experience or things that you know about the country of Japan,…
- Answer the question briefly, clearly, and to the point. Before coming to the interview, you should prepare some English or Japanese vocabulary and practice pronunciation as best you can. Hesitation and lack of confidence may cause you to fail your visa in this application.
Above are the experience of applying for a Japanese tourist visa that you should know. Hopefully this article will help you gain more knowledge to be able to travel to this beautiful country.