Valuable experiences when applying for a French visa that you should know
France is considered a relatively easy country to get a visa in the Schengen area. Unlike other countries, the duration of a French visa is quite flexible (1 month, 45 days, 2 months, 4 months …), often allowing multiple entry with a maximum number of days to stay in Europe 90.
However, with the increasing demand for visas to France, the number of failed applications is not small. Just being a little careless during the application process, you may be questioned by the consular office about the purpose of your trip. So, please immediately refer to the valuable experience when applying for a French visa in the article below.
- Valuable experiences when applying for a French visa
Valuable experiences when applying for a French visa
1. General information about France tourist visa and Schengen visa
To go to France, you need to apply for a Schengen visa, this is a visa that allows you to travel to the member countries of the Schengen Area including: Germany, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Spain, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Lettonia, Lithuania, Malta, Luxembourg, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland.
Before applying for a visa, you need to determine your main destination, the place where you plan to stay the longest or the first place you visit. In case you apply for a visa to France, then France will be the main destination in your itinerary.
2. Indispensable documents when applying for a French visa
Depending on different purposes, you will need to prepare many different types of documents, but basically, applicants cannot lack the following documents:
- Schengen visa application form: clearly filled out, dated and signed
- 01 card photo, size 3.5 x 4.5 cm, taken of the applicant’s head, taken from the front, taken close to the time of application, white background, bare head.
- Original + copy of all valid passport pages, issued no older than 10 years, valid for at least three months after departure date from Shengen member countries, with at least 2 blank pages
- Original + copy of household registration book.
- For information on the checklist of documents and procedures to apply for a French visa, please refer to the link below.
3. Note how to fill out the declaration apply for a French visa
Applicants must clearly and accurately fill in the information, sign
All false information will lead to the refusal of the French visa
Addresses in France must specify: number, street name, city and postal code
Must be completed in French or English
4. Receiving location France visa application
According to the French visa policy, you apply directly at the TLSContact Visa Application Center instead of the French Embassy. Find the right place to avoid wasting time.
5. A few things to note about France visa
- Previously, the application for a French visa had to be submitted at the earliest 3 months or 15 days before the intended date of departure. But from March 2020, French visa applicants can apply 6 months before the expected departure date.
- The average processing time for visa applications is 15 days.
- Biometric data such as fingerprints and digital photos are obtained at the time of application submission.
- French visa applicants may be invited to an interview and may be asked to provide additional documents if necessary
- All documents must be notarized translation into English or French
- The submitted documents must be accompanied by photocopies. Photocopies will be duly signed upon submission of originals. The consular office only keeps the copy while the original is immediately returned to the applicant
- Copies must be A4 paper size.
- Fax or e-mail documents are not accepted
Above are the sharing of experience in applying for a French visa and the documents to prepare. When filling in the information, please consider it carefully to avoid confusion leading to unsuccessful French visa application. Wish you can successfully apply for a French visa and have interesting trips to this beautiful country.